Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 35 - March 1, 2013

And so ends the craziest week to date. The kids were BANANAS today. Absolutely insane! This week was fun for them, but it was hard for us as teachers. We had an assembly every day, we had an extra assembly today, the kids were dressed up wackily every day, they had to have indoor recess every day...I can only hope and pray that next week is much better than this one. Missing a day and a half for me didn't help (and I'm sure it made things more difficult for Aryn, too). Luckily, I was back before Jennie got sick (Wednesday) and so it was never just one teacher in the room with all 26 kids.

I am ready for Spring Break! I'm definitely excited for the week off, but I'm also really excited to do my unit. I'm partly excited because I want to see how it goes and if I can successfully teach everything I want to teach to them, and partly -- well, mostly -- excited because once I finish it I am on the downhill slide! I immediately start giving back control of the classroom over the final 4 weeks and I get closer and closer to graduation...and throwing myself fully into my graduate studies...and getting married. :)

This is going to be a very interesting next couple of months. Graduation is 2 months away. It sounds unbelievable. I've been working for this for the last four years, and now we're down to 2 months. It is so crazy to think about. I feel like it hasn't been that long, and yet at the same time I know it has. I am so ready to finally have that teaching degree!

This weekend I'm actually going to relax and have some fun, just like everyone is always telling me to do. Of course, I still have a To-Do list with a bunch of things on it, but I think I can knock them out tonight and Sunday, which means I get to actually be a normal human being for a day tomorrow. We'll see if I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment