Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 37 - March 5, 2013

Today was a fantastic day! I don't know quite what it was, but I am just feeling in that really good mood again. The kids were a little wild today, but I did not let it bring me down. Math went pretty well, and I cannot get over how amazing it is to get to teach it twice a day. The afternoon session is ALWAYS better. I feel a little bad for my kids since they get the worst of it each day, but I'm thankful that I get that chance to practice some more.

One of the best parts of today was journaling. Usually I come up with an appropriate prompt for whatever we are learning about that week, and I put a sentence starter on the board (like "I love...") and then have them finish the sentence. Today, however, I didn't use a sentence starter, I just asked them to tell me what they wanted to be when they grew up. They really ran with it! I was so excited, and Aryn was, too. Their illustrations were fantastic, and they are getting so much better at sounding words out. I took a picture of each one of their entries (all 26 were here again today) because I am just so proud of them! Here are a few of my favorites:

"I want to be a cop."
 
"I want to B a chef."
 
 
 "I want like to bey a vet neren"
(I would like to be a veterinarian)

"I am grnt to Beu a nrs"
(I am going to be a nurse)
 
"I want to bey a vet"
(I want to be a vet)

"Wen I groe up I wont to Bee a Plysman."
(When I grow up I want to be a police man)

They're just so adorable! I want to put them all here but it would just be too long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment