Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 7 - Jan. 22, 2013

Today was such a wonderful day. Meeting with the other student teachers at my school reminded me of how thankful I am for my cooperating teacher. She is so wonderful, and really LIKES working with the children. She takes the things she "has" to do (Saxon math, for example) and tweaks them to make them fun for the children. She has made me feel so comfortable and I love my classroom.

I think that everyone should get to be with a teacher like her. I have been very lucky over the last few years to be paired up with wonderful teachers at my field sites - Ms. Franklin at Mark Twain, Mrs. Johnson at Highland Park, and now Mrs. Aryn at Harmony. I have never left a semester thinking "What a waste of my time" or "I will NEVER be like her."

It's kind of nice that even though I'm not sure I'll ever teach kindergarten myself, I have the chance to see a truly great teacher in action. Who knows...maybe Aryn will inspire me to be a teacher after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment