Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 9 - Jan. 24, 2013

Today went really well...considering --

There was a lot of sadness at the school this morning, as we received one piece of bad news after another. It all happened before the students got to school, but it put everyone in a poor mood at the beginning of the day.

But it got better! Aryn said I did a good job in calendar time today, even though I was still very nervous and thought I would mess up. I confided my fears to her, and she told me that even she gets that way sometimes...we just can't help it.

I am still on the fence about what I want to do with my life. I want to do research. I want to get my PhD. I want to...teach? I don't know. I DON'T KNOW!

Today I also went and saw my (former) thesis advisor for what might be the last time. :( She gave me tons and tons of books, and a puppet, and felt board pieces! I came back with four bags full of children's books, AND some books for teachers about curriculum, guidance, socializing children, etc.

What started as a terrible day turned out to be great. I have my calendar all settled, things are in my planner, and I am becoming more and more confident. This weekend I am going to regroup and next week is going to be great. My supervisor comes on Wednesday morning, so I've got to be at the top of my game.

The only thing I can't figure out yet is how I am supposed to get enough sleep! I'm so tired in the mid-afternoon (i.e., when I have to go to work), but then when I come home I can't crash until like 11:00. Boo! I even did all of my night class homework 4 months in advance so I COULD try and sleep more. If I can figure out how to reset my internal clock, we'd be money.

No comments:

Post a Comment