Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 57 - April 9, 2013

It feels like Spring today! (I don't think it's going to last for long...the cold front is supposed to come in tonight.) It was so nice to go outside for BOTH recesses and let the kids run and play and exert some of their never-ending energy. I wish that it would stay this way, because it's just so wonderful. I wish Oklahoma would just pick a season and stick to it! ...preferably Spring, please.

Today felt kind of uneventful. Compared to last week and the week before, I am sitting a lot these days! I get to watch opening and handwriting...I get to help with journaling. It's strange. Nice, definitely. But also strange. It's only going to get stranger, I know, because in two weeks I'll just be watching all of this! AHH!! I only have the rest of this week and next week as far as teaching goes. It's so weird how this is all winding down so quickly. This semester feels like the longest one of my life, and yet also strangely short. It's hard to explain. I think you just have to be a part of it to know.

Wow. 13 days. (15 with the make-up snow days). This is insane. I honestly cannot think of anything else to write about tonight because I am so dumbfounded at how few days we have left. 15 days and we are done. 15 days and I am officially (well, okay...almost officially) a college graduate. The last week of class is going to fly, I feel like. It's only 3 days and it's all wrap-up and discussion about the semester. It's going to go quickly, just like these last 15 days are going to go quickly. I just know that they are!

I got trained in test proctoring this morning. I am not looking forward to it, really, but on some level I kind of am. I just want to see how upper-level elementary teachers handle testing, and how the children react to it. I saw last week how my little guys handled stress and test anxiety, and I am curious to see how it goes in the older grades. Luckily I was also told I can bring a book or something to study (I'm sure it will end up being research articles for my final presentation in my graduate class), rather than just having to sit and stare at all of the children for hours upon hours. I know that in some field sites they are absolutely not allowed to bring anything to read or do, and I feel like it must be A) boring for the teachers, and B) stressful for the kids because every time they look up there is a teacher that they may or may not know just staring at them because s/he isn't allowed to do anything else. Whew! Testing is all next week and I'm getting pulled from my kindergarteners to do it, so we'll see how it goes. I'm sure that by the end of it I'll be aching to get back into my room with my kiddos. But it will be an interesting experience for sure! And now I can officially say that I am testing trained and testing experienced! I guess that is something to brag about...? Next week will tell for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment