Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 66 - April 22, 2013

I sit here today again not quite sure what to write about. Today was another fairly uneventful day. Aryn is leaving at 11:45 every day this week to do 2nd Grade Swim, so I'm once again in charge of handwriting/journaling, teaching Ms. Margie's class, and afternoon rotations. I guess I only just thought I was done...whew. I do feel like I did a lot of running around today and I definitely had to raise my voice a lot more than normally. The kids were a little (okay, a lot) wound up today -- in all grades. Hopefully it will be a little calmer tomorrow. I hate days where I feel like I just yelled and got onto them all day long! Boo.

Yesterday I finished my presentation for Wednesday, and so now I'm working on my presentation due Sunday. Once I've finished with these 2 I only have a final paper for my night class and then I'm completely finished for the semester! It is still so insane to me that my undergraduate career is coming to a close. In 11 days I will be graduating. I will be done with this chapter of my education.

Oh! I completely forgot that I haven't written an update since I took that test on Saturday. Well, I thought it went okay. There were 3 essay questions, so of course I did them first because that's my method. (It definitely works, by the way.) I thought the essays were easy because they were fairly general and I could choose what grade level to write about for each one -- of course, I chose kindergarten. It is the grade I have the most experience/expertise in now (as much "expertise" as I can actually have at this point). It was the multiple choice that kind of threw me. The OPTE is PK-8, so there were a TON of questions about older grades. I think it was really unfairly skewed...I saw just a couple of questions about Pre-K and kindergarten, hardly any about 1st/2nd, quite a few about 3rd, and then about a million about 4th-8th grades. I of course have not spent the last four years of my life learning what 14-year-olds are supposed to be learning about or what works best for them, so I just had to use my knowledge of younger children and try to logically translate it up. For a few of them, I also just thought back to how I was 8 years ago when I was an 8th grader and tried to figure out the answer that way. It was rough. I think I did well enough, but it still didn't seem very fair.

Other than that, I don't have anything to talk about tonight. Week of the Young Child is over as of Saturday, and I'm very relieved. I got a ton of hours last week (well, a "ton" compared to how many I've been getting every other week this semester, which is generally about 7) which is going to be nice, but I'm truly still exhausted from it all. I think I may just go to sleep right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment