Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 63 - April 17, 2013

It's raining, it's pouring! The weather was super weird today. It was a little chilly when I left this morning (7am) and by the time I got to school it had warmed up pretty well. We didn't get to go outside, though, because it was too wet! :( The playground was like a lake, which was annoying. By the time the final bell rang, it was very warm, and very windy. It felt like perfect tornado weather, but the sky was gray and not green, so I wasn't too worried. During class tonight, it rained for literally 30 seconds -- a few big drops hit the window and I got excited...and then no more. It just started pouring down about 15 minutes ago, and there's a ton of lightning and thunder.

All of that has absolutely nothing to do with teaching. I just really felt like reporting the weather. Thanks for listening.

As far as teaching goes, today was awesome! I had my last supervisor evaluation today, and it went really, really well! I taught probably the best -- or at least one of the best -- Reading lessons I've taught all semester. All 26 kids were here today and the Smart Board was acting up, so I was thinking "Ohhhhh nooooo..." but the technology played nice with me today and the kids were listening (as much as 26 kindergarteners ever will) and were engaged and were demonstrating higher-order thinking skills. I was ecstatic, and it was a great note to finish on. Tomorrow I just teach Reading in the afternoon, since I have testing in the morning. I guess that means that the lesson I did today with my kids was the last one I'll ever do with them, since I do Margie's class in the afternoon and I don't do Reading on Fridays. WOW. This is just now hitting me. I will never teach my class a lesson again.

And now I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment