Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 60 - April 12, 2013

12 weeks down, 2 to go. We're 12/14 finished. We are 6/7 finished. I wish I knew what 6/7 was as a percentage right off the top of my head, because it seems like it is a really high percentage. (You might be thinking, "Megan...you are clearly sitting at a computer. Computers have calculators. Just figure it out really quickly." And to that I say "Excuse you...I do not think you realize how tired I am right now. Don't tell me what to do!" And now you're mad because I yelled at you, and now we aren't talking and you never want to read this blog again. And I feel bad because I'm just tired, and I don't want to pull up the calculator, and it's not your fault. So I'm sorry.)

Today was another great day! I had Aryn do my last evaluation because I needed it done by the end of next week and we're not entirely sure how often we are going to be in the same room next week. I got the testing schedule and I'm actually only on there twice -- Tuesday morning and Thursday morning. I'm proctoring a 4th grade test both days. I hope it goes well. I'm mostly worried for the kids themselves...Aryn's daughter is a 4th grader and she was telling my today how nervous she is and how she hates taking tests. I know it must be hard. So much pressure at 8, 9, 10 years old. :(

It's finally starting to hit me that we only have two weeks left. I'm getting back into the thought process of "I am never going to see these people again!" (including my fellow student teachers). It's getting me sad again. I am going to need to take lots of pictures over the next few weeks! This week I really feel like I've connected with the kids more. I'm not so stressed out about classroom management this week, and so I'm actually doing better with it! Funny how that works, isn't it?

I have a lot of homework to do this weekend. I want to get a lot done so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I have 2 projects and 2 papers to write. Very doable. I've done more in a weekend, for sure. I can't believe the semester is winding down. It dragged for so long and now it's flying. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over! I am taking a Maymester statistics class, and it's MTW from about 11:30 to 4:00 for three weeks. It sounds like a lot, but that's not even close to how much I'm in the field now! I am really going to be so bored when I'm not at school anymore, I think. I'm just so used to getting up early, going to school, going to work, doing homework...I'm not used to free time. What am I going to do with it?! I'm sure I'll enjoy it...it'll just be weird.

Alright, I caved. It's 86%. Can we be friends again?

No comments:

Post a Comment