Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 24 - Feb. 14, 2013

Today was Valentine's Day! It was INSANE. The children knew that there was going to be a party, but it wasn't until 2:30. We told them, over and over and over, that the party was going to be the very last thing that we would do for the day. But nevertheless, every couple of minutes it felt like one of them was asking "Is it party time yet?!" I understand, they were excited. But we were about to pull our hair out!

Today was also picture day, which only added to the craziness. We were called at about 8:45, so we got it out of the way early. Surprisingly enough, we still got everything done today that we usually do. We missed P.E., since the pictures were in the gym, and we missed nap for the party, but other than that we still got it all done! The children were a little crazy but we did alright. They were so hyped up that we just sent them outside to run around for about 30 minutes while the parents set up for the party.

Speaking of the party, I was surprised at how many parents came! At least half of the children's parents came, and they completely did the party themselves. They got together, planned it, brought all of the stuff, and did everything during the party (passing out food, doing the games, even cleaning up!). We had an overabundance of food at this party -- 3 sets of cupcakes, cotton candy, pizza, chips, juice, little sandwiches, suckers, ice cream... It was insane. I felt a little sick just looking at all of it! But granted, I've felt a lot sick lately so it could have been due to that.

The last thing I wanted to share today...my journal prompt was "I love" and I wanted the children to write about something that they loved. A lot of them did their moms and dads, one little boy did God (so sweet) and one did...ME! However, when it came to the drawing portion of the journal, he drew some insane thing that had nothing to do with me...and when Ms. Aryn asked him about it and he didn't really know what it was, she told him that he should try to match the drawing to the words.

So what did he do? He added to his words to make some sort of bizarre connection between the drawing (which is evidently a person wearing a mask) and him loving me. Here is the result:

 
It is supposed to say "I love Ms. Megan [so much] that I'm wearing this mask." I thought it was pretty clever that instead of rewriting the words or trying to draw a new picture, he just added to his writing to say that he loves me so much he put on a sweet mask to show me. It's strange...but it was a pretty good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment