Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 28 - Feb. 20, 2013

It snowed today...and the kids noticed! What are the odds...

Surprisingly, though, we kept them pretty engaged all day. I had Aryn evaluate me today for the first time, and she noted that even though it was snowing and the kids hadn't been outside all day, I still kept them involved and that I ask a lot of good higher-level thinking questions. I am proud of myself!

Everyone at school today (adult-wise) was praying for a snow day tomorrow. I am not getting my hopes up, because it doesn't seem to be that cold outside. Also, I'm not even sure I want a snow day. I'll just have to make it up later, and it would just be a wrench thrown into my lesson plans and the rhythm I have going right now. I've already invested myself in going every day, and I just want to put in my hours and not have to scramble to implement lessons on different days and at different times...it seems like such a hassle, and one day stuck at home just doesn't seem worth it. I know I'm the exception, and that everyone else at that school is praying for the ice tonight, so we'll see.

I went to class tonight even though we got the go-ahead to skip if we wanted (what with the impending winter storm and all). I just don't like to miss things whenever possible. I guess that explains my lack of enthusiasm for the snow prayer we've got going on at school.

I have one more piece of my project due Friday at midnight, but I really want to get it done tonight and tomorrow. I cannot wait to be finished with this semester! I have (of course) been working ahead on my lesson plans and things, so I've not been too stressed out, but it will still be nice when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment