Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 25 - Feb. 15, 2013

Well, we're 5 weeks down! Only 9 more to go. It feels like we're still so far...but graduation is only a little more than 2 months away. May 4th, here we come!

Today I finished all of my lesson plans for my big two-week unit. I don't know if the other groups are doing this, but I love that we had ours due so far in advance. It feels so nice to just be done with it (almost...I still have a few more things to do before next week, but the majority of it is there). I will be so glad when April 5th comes, because that is when my unit will be finished and I will slowly be easing my way out of taking over the classroom.

Speaking of taking over the classroom, that's what I'm doing next week! From this coming Monday, all the way through April 5, I will be teaching everything, every day. It sounds really scary, but I am feeling pretty confident. I've established a good enough rapport with the children that they see me as a teacher and are generally very attentive and engaged when I am at the front of the classroom. There are always those times when they get overly excited about something and I can't get them to reel it back in...but they're only 5. I can't get mad. Plus, Aryn and Jennie are always there to help.

I think I feel a little better today. I still cough like I have the plague, but my throat is feeling better and my headache is gone (except for the part of it that I smashed into the stove at work...different story, still painful). I'm hoping that this weekend will be kind to me and that I'll be much better next week! A lot of people are getting sick lately. We had one student teacher out today, and two more of my children are at home with the flu this week. I feel like it's hit every child in the class at least once (some of them twice, poor babies) since I've been here.

All in all, today was a pretty good day. This week has been looooong...but today went by pretty quickly. It was Friday, after all, so it was fairly relaxed. At my rotation this afternoon we made bead necklaces and everything went very well.

As far as my own personal Valentine's Day yesterday, I did homework. I know some people probably went out and did the traditional thing...but I did my lesson plans. And I am so glad I did! Restaurants and...well, everywhere...is super busy on the 14th and so Mike and I had soup and I did homework. Pretty much a normal night for us, which is how we like it. And now, I'm done! I was not stressed out today trying to write all of my lessons, we had time to drive to OKC, and I still got everything turned in about 3 hours ahead of time. I would like to think that after this semester I won't be such a nerdy lame-o...but I know that I won't! I am always going to be like this, planning ahead and spending all of my time doing homework or lesson plans or...the list goes on. Mike accepts this. It'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment