Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 27 - Feb. 19, 2013

Today Aryn reminded me that there are only 3 more school weeks (after this one) until Spring Break! I can't believe February is over next week. The time really is going by a lot more quickly than I thought it was going to. I am in week 6 of 14...that means after next week, we're halfway there! It's so strange to think that all of these girls (me included) could actually be real, live TEACHERS in just a few months. I've been in school for four years and I feel like I'm going to be in school forever. Well...based on my life plan I actually will be in school for close to forever, but at least for my undergraduate degree, it's unbelievable that my journey is coming to an end. We learn for so long that we feel like it will never end. But it ends. I can see the finish line!

Today reading went even better than yesterday. I really like it -- it might be my favorite subject to teach. It is interesting to teach it whole group and in small groups (during rotations). I can really see the differences in the children during small groups and then capitalize on their individual strengths during the whole group time. I also really like teaching reading twice each day (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) because I can fix any mistakes that I make or problems that I see from the first session. Teaching math next week will be the same thing. I'm actually kind of disappointed that I have to give up reading so quickly. One week is not enough! I can't wait to get it back in April.

I feel better today! My cough is still there, and sometimes my voice goes for a little bit, but it always comes back. My coughs are always pretty persistent, so I expect that it will be here for a while. Now I just have to finish some lesson plans, and I plan to be in bed by 10:00 again tonight! Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment