Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 26 - Feb. 18, 2013

Today was a pretty good day! I was unexpectedly observed this morning for my first time teaching reading. I was a little nervous, but I figured I wouldn't be any better tomorrow than I was today (for the most part) so I just went with it! I can talk a lot better this week because my throat isn't so sore, so the children could actually hear and understand me. I was really worried that my voice would go even more than it did last week and that the children would have no idea what I was saying when I sounded words out for them. But it went fine! Like always, I was worried for nothing.

It feels kind of nice this week to have taken over the majority of the classroom. I just go from one thing to another, and I feel like a "real" teacher! It's a little bit stressful at times, but I still like it. I'm also very excited that I only have a few more detailed lessons to plan this semester. I finished my unit last Friday and so all I have left to do is write a few math lessons and I'm done!

I know it is only week 6, but I feel like I've got less on my plate these days. Which is ridiculous, because like I just said, I have more to do than ever! Maybe I'm just getting into the swing of things and I feel more confident. Who knows. We will see what tomorrow will bring!

I am looking forward to teaching my big two-week unit. Mine is all about pirates, and I think the children will really like it. We will see... Aryn looked over all of my lesson plans and said they sound good, so barring a tragedy, everything should work out.

I hope that I wake up tomorrow feeling even better than I feel today. Whatever it is, it's GOT to be an improvement from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment