Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 32 - Feb. 26, 2013

Well...

Obviously I am terrible at predicting what weather will do (or rather, what schools will do when it comes to weather). Cushing was open today, but OSU was closed. I did not see that one coming! That made today's "snow day" all the more frustrating -- my teacher was at school, and my kids were at school, but I couldn't be there! Luckily I left all of my teaching things there for Aryn to use today, but I still really wanted to be there. Tuesdays are a busy day, and so I was disappointed to miss it.

We have to make this day up at the end of the semester, which I know is really bothering some of the other student teachers, but it doesn't make a difference to me. I'm sticking around this summer and I'm not walking at graduation, so the semester doesn't necessarily need to end for me after May 4th. I'm sure I will appreciate one more day with the kiddos when the time comes. I know I keep saying I just want to put in my hours, but that sounds terrible. I really am enjoying this semester, and I know that I am going to miss it when it's over.

Today I was going to do homework all day...but I am finding that there are fewer and fewer things for me to do. My unit is a month away and I've got everything I can get done this far in advance. I know once I get into it I will have things to do each night, but as of right now I've got all of my lesson plans done (for the next few weeks, anyway), I've written the rest of the papers for my graduate class, I've done my 2nd teaching philosophy, and I have honestly run out of things to do.

It's a weird feeling to want to be productive, but to not have anything to do. I do not like it! Usually I work so far ahead that by the time April rolls around I am legitimately completely finished for the semester, but right now I'm just in kind of a lull. I definitely do not want any more snow days, because I don't have enough to keep me occupied during them! I'm sure we're done by now.

And now that I've said that, of course, a blizzard is probably going to hit us next week. I just can't ever get a win when it comes to weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment