Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 31 - Feb. 25, 2013

Well, here we are -- Week 7. This week marks the halfway point in my student teaching. It doesn't feel like we've finished 6 weeks so far, but we have. I thought it was going to feel much longer. In all actuality, 31 days doesn't really sound like a lot (sure sounds a lot less than "6 weeks"), but it has been quite the journey so far.

Today was a very strange day. It was pouring rain on the way to school this morning -- which made highway driving exciting, with all of the semis throwing waves onto the windshield -- but other than that the weather didn't seem too intimidating. But then on the radio on the way there we heard that OSU was closing at 12:30...which means we had to go home at 12:30, too. I was very shocked! Last Thursday there was actual snow on the ground and OSU was open, but here we are with no snow, no ice, and it's not even raining anymore...and we've pre-emptively shut down the entire campus. Apparently the snow is coming in tonight, but this seemed kind of extreme.

Luckily, I got all of my teaching done this morning and didn't miss out on anything this afternoon after we left. I'm just praying school isn't cancelled tomorrow, because Tuesdays are big teaching days for me! Everyone is convinced that we are going to have another snow day, but once again I am hoping this is not the case. I JUST WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL AND GET IT DONE!!

I haven't been very productive this afternoon. Aryn told me to come home and relax (I think her actual words were "do something fun") because she knows that I always do homework in my free time. I am a little worried because I don't even know what to do to "have fun" these days! I actually find myself feeling bad right now because I didn't get anything done since I got home about 2 hours ago. I have things to do -- I always have things to do -- but I didn't do them. I will tonight, I'm sure.

The weather is getting a little darker outside, so I'm worrying that this impending storm is closing in. I think I hear hail/sleet/something hitting the window. Hopefully my entry tomorrow doesn't begin with "Well, school was cancelled..."

No comments:

Post a Comment